Open-Ended Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS)
What is UCITS
The UCITS law 225(I) 2002 provides the legal
framework for the registration, regulation and
marketing of local and foreign funds in Cyprus.
Under this law UCITS is considered to be any
organisation whose sole aim is to collectively
invest publicly collected capital, in
transferable securities via stock markets,
banking deposits and any other investments and
whose operation is based on the principle risk
of diversification and whose units can be
liquidated by the unit holder on request using
the assets of the organisation.
As such the following are not considered to be UCITS under the law: UCITS which are not open ended
UCITS that do not market to the public in Cyprus
or other EU member states
- UCITS that based on their fund rules or constitutional documents only make their units available to the public in other countries except Cyprus.
- UCITS for which due to their investment and borrowing policy the rules of the law 225(I) 2002 are not suitable.
Under this law, local UCITS may take the following legal forms:
- Mutual Funds
- Variable Capital Investment companies
What can we do for you?
We can help in the creation of a UCITS and the registration of a foreign UCITS and can support the ongoing regulatory reporting of a UCITS in Cyprus.
What are the key benefits?
- Free resources from
administrative burden relating to the
application of the UCIT
- Avoidance of unnecessary delays in the application process
- Specialist support from professionals in the application and regulatory reporting of UCITS
Cyprus company registration
Registration Cyprus Company
KDC Chartered Accountants Limited is a firm of qualified professionals with offices in Nicosia and Limassol. Our firm is built upon the principles of Integrity objectivity and technical excellence.